Buzzing: Learn about Catalina Island with Carrie Finley-Bajak on Amateur Traveler podcast
When Chris (aka @Chris2x) sent out a tweet looking for possible places to cover on his wildly popular podcast, I replied. I pitched a couple of places, but we settled on Catalina Island. For those that recall, I live close to Catalina (in Orange County, CA) and on a clear day I can see the island from my neighborhood. A perfect fit.
Recording, via Skype, was fun and I learned a lot about podcasting while I informed Chris about what there is to do on Catalina Island.
About Amateur Traveler
- 1.5+ million travel podcast downloads in 2010
- This Week in Travel (a companion podcast) won a 2012 Gold Medal in broadcasting from the North American Travel Journalism Association
- The Chicago Sun Times included the show in their list of 10 “Best travel sites”.
- Oxford University uses the Amateur Traveler to teach English as a second language.
- Men’s Journal says: “One of the 4 best adventure travel podcasts”
- Best Life Magazine named the Amateur Traveler one of the 10 best podcasts on the internet.
- Nominated for a People’s Choice Podcast Award in 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011.
- Popular Vote Winner for a Lonely Planet Blog Award 2009 in the Podcasting category.
- Named by tripbase.com as one of the 10 best looking/most accessible travel blogs on the internet.
- Named in a study as one of the “50 Most Influential Independent Travel Blogs”
Have a listen, and leave me a comment if you have any questions.
See you on the ships or in port.